FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician
Experience:  AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL TECH
1627031

this question is about a problem with 2007 Suzuki vitara 2.3litre

Customer Question

this question is about a problem with 2007 Suzuki vitara 2.3litre V6 petrol engine intermittent no start. No fault codes. on normal start up, both spark and injector signals are delayed for a short time, so engine does not start instantly. On the occasions that it does not start, there is no spark or ignition, although the rev counter does move slightly. A cure that appears to work is to turn the ignition switch right back and re-try.
Category: Car
Expert:  FixItMan replied 3 years ago.

FixItMan :

Hello, and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to help you. If I am not online when you are, please allow me time to return. You need to start with a voltage drop test of the ignition switch. It is common for the ignition switch to fail internally and cause little to no voltage to get to the computer or various relays which will cause this. Do you know where this is located?

Customer :

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, but vehicle is out of town. Cannot test until client brings vehjcle back to workshop. Your suggestion confirms what I suspected. Incidentally, engine size is 2.7 Litres, not the 2.3 that I initially said. Will be in touch when I am able to test for voltage drop. Thank-you for your help so far.