Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Infiniti QX4: QX4..while in gear and stopped, switching from

QX4..while in gear and stopped, switching from 2WD to auto produces a low hum or buzz.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

In some cases the transfer case actuator that shifts in and out of 4wd can hum or buzz when it is activated.If the vehicle is not shifting into auto at all and this hum or buzz is heard this may be the actuator itself on the transfer case causing this noise and it may be faulty.There is also a transfer case motor relay under the hood on the drivers side and if it fails it may also cause this type of noise.

Both of these should be checked into to see if one is found at fault.This will require some electrical testing with a multi meter.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no thanks

Let us know if you need anything else in the future.

Thanks Pete