sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

My 2009 model 308 indicates that engine is overheating. This

My 2009 model 308 indicates that engine is overheating. This seems to be a false reading as there is water and engine is not overheated.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

How have you determined that the engine isn't overheating, are you using something to measure coolant temperature? If you're measuring coolant temperature in another way (infrared thermometer, etc) and it's normal yet the temperature gauge or warning light says that it is overheating then you have a coolant temperature sensor problem. It could be the sensor's wiring or the sensor itself, most often the sensor.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was determined that the sensor and thermostat had to be replaced. The engine was not overheating, it was a technical fault.

Glad to hear you got it fixed!