sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Porsche Boxster: 107,000 km. does not get taken out a lot.

107,000 km. does not get taken out a lot. $20,000.
120,000 km. short drive to work every day. $19000
197,000 km. was used every day. Until the last year only did 1000km. $17000. This one i love the look of the most. But the km are a bit high i know

Buying the car on credit so money is a big factor

I want the car to drive on weekends for a few hours. Keep a few years then sell

I know this is a hard one without looking at the car

What would you buy.

Also i am worried about the ims problems. So would the one with almost 200000 be unlikely to get this problem..

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

still need your advice. Cheers! Roddy

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while Porsche is not my area of greatest expertise I would like to try to help.

The shape of the cars and maintenance history would be a big factor in my decision on which one of these to buy. Even though the cheapest car has the most kilometers on it, it's possible that could be the best car out of all of them. Vehicles that are driven more often outlast cars that sit and aren't driven much. For example on a car that sits it can allow the brake rotors and drums to rust up, caliper pistons to stick, excessive rust, etc.

Maintenance would be a big factor, if you could find out any history on the vehicles. If the highest km car has been well taken care of and the others didn't get as much care then it may be a better choice.

The intermediate shaft bearing problem is more likely to happen on a higher km engine or one that hasn't had proper maintenance. By time alone, the one with the highest km would be the most likely to have a bearing failure, but if it has been taken care of well and the others haven't then it may very well outlast the others.

One thing to consider is banks are less likely to loan money on a vehicle with high kilometers. It is really on a case by case basis, but a bank may be more willing to loan the money for one with less kilometers, or possibly give a better rate.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to have a trusted mechanic at least look the cars over before you make a decision. If you have someone that you could bring along to look at them or have a trusted shop that you can take them to then you would have a better idea of which car would be better for you.

sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the reply. all of them have a full service history. Have been sericed on time everytime

are you sure about the ims? My thinking was seen as it is a problems that only happens to 5% of cars, if the one with 197000km had this weaknes it would have shown its self by now.

from what i have seen the ims issue can happen at any time even very low km, so seen as the car have driven so far, it has no weaknes

what do you think of the logic :)

i am sure i am talking myself info the car i want

the one with197000km is going to get a prepurchase inspection

thanks for the help