fritzef
fritzef, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, GM Certified,
3077897

Suzuki Sidekick: FI fuse blows when fuel pump relay is plugged

FI fuse blows when fuel pump relay is plugged in. Replaced fuel pump & ECM. Engine will start & run a little with relay out. Could injector be bad?

Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

I am sorry you have had to wait so long for the first contact. Sometimes this happens when the question you ask is not detailed enough or its just hard to address online. Many have viewed your post, but have passed. I am checking to see if you still need help.

I am not going to lie, this concern is not my strongest point, but I will do my best to help you. I have access to many repair sites, so at the least I can provide something to address at least part of your concern if it is not something I can address from memory and experience.

I mainly work in the last half of the day, so that is when I do all of my responding. If there is anything else you can add to your concern to help me out more so I can help you out in turn please do so in your next reply.

Once you get an answer, you will be prompted to rate me. You are rating my help, not the website, or answer. If you feel the need to rate negative, please save the rating so I can try again or find someone whom may be able to help better.

Thanks for using our site, we will do all we can to earn your business, again sorry we did not get to you sooner.

Chris

>

>

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  fritzef replied 1 year ago.
Hi, just saw your question. And looking at a schematic for the FI fuse that is blowing. The power going to that fuse comes from the ignition switch. It then travels to the Main Relay, which is right next to the Fuel Pump Relay. You may either have a problem with the Main relay or the Ignition Switch itself. I would look for a similar relay you can swap out for the main relay, although sometimes they are different from any other relay. But I would start there first. It that doesn't take care of the problem then I suspect an ignition switch problem or the wiring from the switch to the relay. Let me know what you find. Also let me know if I can help further. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Eric
fritzef, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master Technician, GM Certified,
Expert:  fritzef replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Just checking back to see if you still need help. Thanks, Eric