Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

HI, From Norway here, We have big problem With 2002- f550,

HI, From Norway here, We have big problem With 2002- f550, 7.3, Runs on 7 cylinders only, We changes harness under vc, put in New injectors, tryed IDM and PCM in another truck, runs good, but the 550,always running on 6 or 7 cylinders only,We have diagnostic Tools, and the fault is mooving around, First not running on 8 and 3, Then now running well on 8 and 3, but now not running on 7, try to fix it, then running bad on 4 only, Could it be the wiring harness? Motor is also New, rebuild, but the same problem was on old engine, We checked oilpressure, fuelpressure+++ everything, Code 1316 together With 1670 always coming back, And IDM and PCM we tryed on another truck,and no problem,running Nice, Please help us With problem,Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

With all of the components that have been checked and replaced here this may be a fault with the wiring for the engine components like the injectors or glow plugs.I have seen wiring an issue before and can cause this issue with running rough and misfires jumping around to different locations.

Try moving/wiggling the engine harness on top of the engine while running the engine to see if the misfire changes or goes away.If it does in one area of moving the harness then the harness needs inspected to locate the short/damage in it then repaired to correct this fault.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI,Yes, I think we still need help, but I now ordered wiring harness,complete from PCM-IDM to engine, from USA, cost about $1750 so truck now just waiting,doing no more work until we get harness,but thanks for help, Maybe we can get back to you if more problem, Thanks for asking Pete, Per Ove

Your welcome.Let me know if you need anything else here or in the future.

Thanks Pete