Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

Infiniti Q45: My 97 Q45 stalls intermittently when idling.

My 97 Q45 stalls intermittently when idling. Have changed plugs, coils, intake sensor, cleaned mass airflow, cleaned throttle body, nothing seems to stop intermittent stall.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

In some cases this type of fault here can be caused by an internal electrical fault in the crank position sensor itself.I have seen this sensor fail before and can cause intermittent stall outs and/or intermittent no starts.In some cases when the vehicle stalls out it may need to sit a short period of time before it will restart and in others it may restart right away.

With what you have replaced here already and with what is described this sounds like the component that may be at fault needing replaced here and is fairly common.If the fault codes have not been checked yet to see if any codes have set this should be done,if there is a code set this will usually aid in the diagnosis and location of the fault.Most shops or a dealer can check the codes and a local parts store might check the codes free of charge as I have heard and seen before.

Thanks Pete
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help you today.

First, I have had little or no success in cleaning mass air flows as in most cases it is not a contamination issue but a circuit issue inside the unit itself. I would start by having the codes checked to see if there are any stored. Lets start with basics.

Roy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The most recent services codes were air sensor and KS. So even if the MAS is clean it may still cause a problems at idle?

Yes as the issue may be inside the circuitry. What was the code??

Roy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know my mechanic read the sensor, but he see said there were two readings for MAF and KS.

ok, I still need the code as there are many.

Roy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will try replacing it. My mechanic had a used MAF.

I do not recommend using used parts. Try it but if it works, I would consider replacing it with a new one

Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience: ASE master tech for 40 years