Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair
13677702

suzuki forenza: 2006 Suzuki forenza engine fans not workin

2006 Suzuki forenza engine fans not working
Category: Car
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Randall.
can you send more details? overheating? running hot? temp ok, no fans? Fans do not work with AC? any additional information you can send?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fans only run when ac is on
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I still need more information. what is happening that is alerting you to the fans not working? what is happening? running hot? overheating? is guage going high anything like this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not running hot because weather is still cool but does smell hot. Have had this car and know that the fans should run because I drive highway 99% of time and they did run. Only time they run is if ac is turned on. did replace thermostat but still nothing
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
do you have a temp guage on the dash?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes but it still shows ok but engine light did come on
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
Ok, you have added new information. What engine light came on? the check engine light or the eng temp light
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
check engine light
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
ok, have you had the code scanned at say a local parts store to see what code is set?

And,, you say the temop guage is reading normal so,, I am still trying to understand why you are questioning the fans as they do not alwsy come on. I am trying to gether as much information since I am not there,. the check engine light could be on for one of many things
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not yet tried local parts store yet. But with as much hwy driving I have always heard and seen when parked the fans come on to to cool engine and now I don't hear or have seen then them come on to cool motor
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
Ok, let me try to explain as well as what iam trying to get at.
You say engien temperature is normal. so,, the fans will NOT come on.
they are computer controleld and the computer decides when to turn the fans on low speed and when to turn them on high speed
the computer is 100% programmed to trun fans on at 207 degrees. If you are seeing lower temp than this? they will NOT come on but will with the AC
I am in no way saying you do not have a problem but outside temp plays a big role on engine temp as well as when the fans operate or not
If your temp was going highter than 207 degrees and no fans? then we have a problem
Under that>? all is normally normal. Hope this makes sense
I fully underatdny ou have heard them in the past but you are not overheating per your description
The check engine light? now,, until you have a parts store scan the trouble codes, it is possibe the ECT or engine coolant temp sensor may? be failing and set the code and.. that sensor is what tells computer engine tmep and when to turn fans on
Of the bat? under 207? no overheat? no fans? all is 100% normal at this time

the check engine light could have set one os like 80 deifferent codes for an entirely different problem
From my end? I am not hearing of a problem, knowing how it all works
from your end? worth getting the code scanned just incase the code may? be for the ECt ( engine coolant temp sensor)
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair