Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Scion Tc: 2006 scion tc, randon non start works fine and runs

Customer Question

2006 scion tc, randon non start works fine and runs good but, randomly will not start. After several days will start. All codes cleared, fuel pressure is ok help
Category: Car
Expert:  Auto_Enlightenment replied 3 years ago.

Auto_Enlightenment :

I am a mater technician and I will be glad to assist with this. Please do not rate my service and continue our chat until you are satisfied. If I am unable to help then I will opt out and see if anyone else can.

There are numerous things that could cause a no start so I will have to ask you a series of questions to try and narrow down what is going on here. Please be patient with me through this process.

When you try to start it does it crank at all or is it completely lifeless with no cranking whatsoever?

Customer :

No it cranking turns over fine

Customer :

Turns over fine

Customer :

As I am unsure as to how to operate this site , It could be my fault but I have received one question about the starting of the auto. Does it turn over. I answered it turns over fine but will not start. if you have asked other questions i don't see them please restate your question if you have them and I will try to provide feedback as i can.

Auto_Enlightenment :

Sorry I've been off line for a few days. So if it's cranking but not starting then we are lacking fuel, spark, compression etc.

Auto_Enlightenment :

You say the fuel pressure is ok, have you checked with a gauge? Do you know whether you are getting spark when it will not start?

Auto_Enlightenment :

We could also be dealing with an intermittent immobilizer problem. Do you have more than one key so we can try a different key when it will not start?

Auto_Enlightenment :

When you turn they key on(don't crank) all the instrument cluster lights should light up then some will go out. Do you see a check engine light come on then go off? Does your immobilizer light flash when it will not start?

Auto_Enlightenment :

There are many things that could cause a crank no start so we'll need to narrow things down and start checking things.