Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Aston Martin Db 7: I have a 01. DB7".

Customer Question

I have a 01. DB7". One of the hoses for the hydrolic pump for the top is leaking. I need to top up the fluid. Where do I access the pump to top off? Also what is the function of the lever on the right side of pump? There is a nut on top of pump that does not want to loosen and I don't want to apply too much pressure. Is it a left or right turn nut? There is fluid in the plastic container at the front of pump,but top is reluctant to close . A lever on right is fully closed. Does it need to be slightly open ?
Category: Car
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not sure what info you need. The hydrolic pump in the trunk operates the roof and I need to top up with fluid. Can not seem to loosen nut on top of pump but this seems to be the access point . Also there is a lever on the right hand side that is fully closed but it would appear that this lever would allow fluid to flow so that the roof can deploy . Was this inadverdantly closed thus preventing the top from operating?
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, we will continue to look for a professional to assist you. No further information is requested at this time. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!