Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  15 years automotive training and experience.

I need a key for a 2000 Leganza, only key has been lost.

Customer Question

I need a key for a 2000 Leganza, only key has been lost.  Was wondering if there was any way to get a key using the VIN# XXXXX anything you can come up with.

Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is Pete and I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

Usually a dealer can obtain the key needed off of the VIN on the vehicle here.If the dealer has no record to do this then you may try and contact a local lock smith to see if the lock smith can obtain the correct key and cut it to fit and operate in your vehicle here.You might be able to obtain the correct blank key from a local hardware store or a store that sells keys and have a lock smith cut the key to fit the cylinder.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No offense but of course I could call a locksmith if I want to pay a grand to get the car back on the road.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I apologize my answer didn't help,since the dealer cannot get you a correct fit key for your vehicle I would see if they can get a key and cylinder that match up as this may be an option to correct this here.Other then this the only other way I know to get this resolved with the current ignition cylinder in the vehicle now is to have a blank correct key cut by a lock smith to fit the cylinder in the vehicle now.Once again I apologize my info didn't help,if there is anything else I can do here let me know as I strive to achieve a good to excellent rating.I can also opt out if you want and put this back on the list to see if others can assist more just let me know.

Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete