Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

Trooper: i have a 1991 isuzu trooper ls v6 2.8 with power windows

Customer Question

i have a 1991 isuzu trooper ls v6 2.8 with power windows and the power windows stopped working all of a sudden. i checked the fuses and replaced the relay and even = swapped out the jumper (green wire) relay/fuse. any help would be appreciated.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Hi I’m Tom and I’m here to assist you with your issue today. Before I get you a fully researched answer, I have to ask you a couple preliminary questions.Was the master window switch replaced for this issue?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I replaced the relay switch. Not sure what the master switch is

Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Is the switch that controls all the windows in the drivers door was this replaced?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no the switch wasn't

Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Oknthats switch gives the signal and ground path to all the other windows and are know to fail. You need to start here next which can very well be the issue. You can get it from a salvage yard or ebay to save a lot of money these are the next steps. Remember that I'm here if you need any further assistance just let me know it will be for no further charge. Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.