sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

jaguar xj 4.2 mk 3: Hi- Ive got an XJ mark 3 1985 4,2. Kompresso

Hi- I've got an XJ mark 3 1985 4,2. Kompressor is ok and the system has been topped up. The AC still do not kick in. Seems the system lacks eletric connection. Can it be at defekt
relsy og broken fuse og lead?

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No problem- I'll wait. Thank you

br. Truls Vatne

Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are a few things that could be preventing your compressor from engaging.

It could be a bad high pressure switch. This is located on the back of the compressor and completes a circuit when there is enough refrigerant pressure in the system. If this switch is bad then the compressor won't engage. You can try jumping across the switch terminals and then see if the compressor will engage.

There may also be a temperature sensor on the expansion valve, the block where the a/c lines attach at the firewall. This temperature sensor can prevent the compressor from engaging.

It could be the compressor relay. You could try replacing the relay with another and see if it will then engage.

It could be the control on the dash.

It could also be a wiring problem between any of the components.

The problem could be the compressor clutch coil also. It is possible that the rest of the system could be functioning normally and the compressor is actually being powered but not engaging. You can use a test light to check for power at the compressor with the engine running and a/c on, if there is power and ground at the compressor but it won't engage then the problem is the clutch coil.

sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience