Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Lexus LS400: Hi. I have a 1992 LS400. Four of the instrument

Hi. I have a 1992 LS400. Four of the instrument lights flicker or come on from time to time - The rear light warning, the battery non-charging warning, the coolant warning and the add engine oil warning. The Engine light just came on for a while today but seems to be independent of the other lights. I have got the car checked many times and the car is not malfunctioning in the way the lights warned. My mechanic says the last message he got was a rev signal code. Any advice?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

If the battery and alternator/generator are operating properly when these lights come on as well as the coolant temp and level o.k. and oil pressure and level are o.k. this usually indicates this is an internal electrical fault in the instrument cluster itself usually.

If these were all checked when the vehicle was acting up most likely this is the cause here and would either need removed and sent in for repair or replaced to correct this.If these were not checked when the vehicle was acting up this should be done to verify this is at fault before attempting to replace or have it repaired.

As for the check engine light the fault codes should be checked in the engine/transmission computer(s) to see what codes numbers have set.Once this has been done then it can be diagnosed as to which component is at fault and repaired from there to correct the fault.If you can find out the code number set you can post the info here and I can look into it further to see if we can locate the issue for the check engine light.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete