Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  15 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

rattle behind radio like something came loose from a bracket

Customer Question

rattle behind radio like something came loose from a bracket or something..sounds like something sliding back and forth when making turns. also how do u pull radio out to look behind it...

Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

Can you tell me the year,make and model of this vehicle to I can further look into how this radio is removed?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

2000 buick lesabre

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
O.k.,it is difficult to say for sure from here what is causing this rattle noise without further inspection.It may be a bolt or loose component behind the radio or dash area as I have seen before and can cause this here.The only way to find out for sure is to inspect behind the radio and behind the dash to see if anything is found that can be causing this here.

In order to remove the radio for inspection you would need to first need to remove the trim panel that surrounds the radio and instrument cluster.Here is the procedure on how this is done:

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Lower the tilt steering column to the lowest position.
3. Remove the two fasteners.
4. Disengage the four clips across the top edge, and the tour clips across the bottom edge that retain the IP cluster trim plate to the IP by gently
pulling toward the rear of the vehicle.
5. Disconnect the electrical connector from the driver information center switch.

Once removed then the radio will have some tabs you need to press on to release it from the dash then it can be removed from there.

graphic

Thanks Pete

HERE is my profile if you need anything in the future on your vehicle here,you can save it to your favorites and come back if you have any future questions on your vehicle (besides this question here).
Pete, Mechanic
Experience: 15 years automotive training and experience.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

could find nothing loose behind radio etc.....could something in vent system come loose or broke..how th check?

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
It is possible something has come loose inside the heater box or has fallen in through one of the vent openings and is causing this here.The only way to find out for sure if this is the case though is to have the heater box removed and disassembled to inspect.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome.Let me know if you need anything else in the future.

Thanks Pete