Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Chrysler Voyager: 2000 Chrysler Voyager 2.4 L 3 Speed Tran.shifts

2000 Chrysler Voyager 2.4 L 3 Speed Tran.
shifts OK from 1 to 3 when slowing down for a stop at about 3 to 10 MPH it sounds like the converter is still lock in ( shutters until I put it in second gear , does not do this when i leave it in 2 gear only when I put it in Drive.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

From what you have described here this does sound like a possible electrical fault with the torque converter lock up solenoid causing this here.When you manually shift into second gear this may be releasing this torque converter lock up but when in drive if the solenoid is failing this can cause this issue as I have seen on several vehicles in the past and had to replace to correct this issue.

I would have the computers checked for any fault codes,if any have set related to this issue this will aid in the diagnosis and repair for this fault here.This is a common component to cause this type of fault.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete