Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  15 years automotive training and experience.

infinity FX 35: 2004 Infinity FX 35;parking light always on

2004 Infinity FX 35;parking light always on , need to unplug negativ from battery for light to shut off? any ideas
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

If this is all of the park lights staying on with this fault here in some cases this can be caused by an internal electrical fault in the head/park light switch itself not shutting off power to these lights.Some of these vehicles may have a park lamp relay and I have seen this relay stick on and cause this as well.

This would need to be further tested to narrow down and locate the fault here requiring a multi meter for testing electrical as well as possibly a scan tool to display data in the vehicles computers.

I would first check all fuse and relay boxes to see if you can locate a relay for the park lights and if you do try tapping on it to see if they shut off then.If they do then this relay needs replaced to correct this here.

Thanks Pete
Pete, Mechanic
Experience: 15 years automotive training and experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Pete, thanks I have made some basic tests, I can feel 3 relays working , the thing is when I remove negativ from battery it works ( I mean nothing light up) but if I put parking light in tunrning the button lights stays on till I kick the relay panel in engine compartment just behind battery.

what to do to check what is the relay that make this fault???

what you think about the removal of that relay board???

thanks in advance for any ideas

thanks

regards

pascal

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Is there a relay labeled park lamps or lighting at all that you can remove to see if the lights then turn off?If so most likely this is the relay at fault needing replaced as I have seen relays stick on in some cases and cause this type of fault here and when your kicking it it is rattling the relay and turning off the lights let me know.

Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Pete, I have located the relay that stay stuck , after rmoving the entire relay board and check every relays in this board.I will have to order a brand new......now I can turn light selector as I like low beam parking light........it works
Thanks for your job
regards Pascal

PS are you expert for this infinity FX 35??
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi ;no your reply help to fix this problem, now I will change the default relay

Tha,nks for your help

p

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Thats great to hear the problem has been located.If you need anything else let me know.Feel free to rate my help above when you are ready.

Thanks Pete