Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

in the process of having a transmission for a mitibishi montaro

Customer Question

in the process of having a transmission for a mitibishi montaro sport rebuilt, the guy has charged us $2,200, had it for a month and a half and just called to say he needs another $800 for a computer for the transmission??? I need some profesional advice
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Hi I’m Tom and I’m here to assist you with your issue today. Before I get you a fully researched answer, I have to ask you a couple preliminary questions.First of all that could have very well been the issue to begin with and the transmission did not need to be rebuilt.Have you mentioned that to him and he can also get the computer for about 100 from a salvage yard ask him why he did not offer you that option.Unfortunately it sounds like they are taking advantage of you .This is what you need to ask him and you should not have to pay another dime for his misdiagnosis and you should tell them that.These are the next steps.Remember that I'm here if you need any further assistance just let me know it will be for no further charge. Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.