Dave Hopkins
Dave Hopkins, Technician
Experience:  Fully certified in all phases of automotive repair as recognized and certified by Ford Motor Company and Hyundai Motor Company.

Hyuandai Tiburon: 2001 hyuandai tiburon - when A/C is on, car

2001 hyuandai tiburon - when A/C is on, car stalls at stop signs and when approaching stops.
With A/C off, car is fine. Idle drops too low.
Mechanic told me no way to adjust idle, so it must be something else and he did not know what.
Hello and welcome to JA,there may be sludge built up in the throttle body which will cause a lower idle...and that will cause the stalling.Can you remove the air inlet hose and inspect the throttle body to see if it is smudged up?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am sure I can remove the air inlet.

If it shows some build up, what it the next action?

Can I spray some kinds of degreaser or will that complicate the issue?

I would want you to hold open the throttle and wipe it clean with s rag then reassemble to see if the idle increased.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I wiped the throttle body clean. It helped a lot.

It still died one time during a short drive, but not at each stop sign as before.

If it happens again, what would be the next step??

Next would be to to get some throttle body cleaning spray and spray it into the throttle body for a deeper cleaning...with the engine not running...of course
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Ed

Anytime..please rate my answer so that I can get credit for my work...and best of luck