Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Red Seal Journeyman Technician, 20 Years experience

olds intrigue: hi, i have a 1998 olds intrigue lights come

Customer Question

hi, i have a 1998 olds intrigue lights come on car won't start, just changed the starter ,horn won't blow,it starts if i bump the starter.i need help...lost.
Category: Car
Expert:  Canuck Tech replied 3 years ago.

Canuck Tech :

Hi there - I think you have 3 different issues. If you bump the starter, I'm assuming that you mean "tap" the starter with a hammer... that would point to the starter itself, I would say. Not sure if you got one from a wrecker, or a new one. Possible issues for the starting could be the ignition switch, which may be causing the no-start as well. Often, a run and then stall is caused by the crankshaft position sensor. The horn - lots of possibilities. Is the check engine light on, and can you retrieve codes? Also. is the Airbag warning light on - this may relate to the horn being inoperative. You will need a test light and a voltmeter is we are to do some serious diagnosis without a lot of guessing. Canuck

Hi there - I see you have rated my service as "Poor". In my response, I asked you a few questions, to which you offered no answers. I can help you with your automotive questions, but this is a two way conversation.

I am happy to continue the conversation.

Let me know how you would like to proceed.