Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions
this should help you
Please explain in a little more detail steps 2-4.
How many screws and the location of them.
How do I get the glove box out?
i didnt get your reply
Please explain in a little more detail steps 2-4 like how many screws and the location of them.
this may be of some help
1. Cross Beam 2. Vent Duct Assembly 3. Instrument Panel Stay 4. Passenger Air bag 5. Passenger Air Bag Cover 6. Dash Side trim Panel 7. Instrument Upper Reinforcement 8. Glove Box Side Reinforcement 9. Passenger Lower Bracket 10. Glove Box 11. Audio Sub Box 12. Radio Assembly 13. Control Lever Assembly 14. Front Console Assembly 15. Lower Cluster Assembly 16. Instrument Panel Driver Lower Cover Assembly 17. Driver Knee Bolster Assembly 18 Meter Cluster Assembly 19. Instrument panel Center Reinforcement 20. Meter Assembly 21. Instrument Panel Assembly 22. Instrument Harness AssemblyRemoval 1. Disconnect the battery ground cable.
2. remove the lower cluster assembly. - Remove screw (3) amd pull out the cluster at the clip positions (1) - Disconnect the cigarette lighter connectors (2). 3. Remove the radio assembly and audio sub box. 4. Remove front and rear consoles. 5. Remove dash side trim panels.
6. Remove glove box - Remove the two fixing screws.
7. Remove the instrument panel driver lower cover assembly. - remove the engine hood opener two fixing screws and another one fixing screw. - After four clips are pried, disconnect switch connector and duct. 8. Remove meter cluster assembly. - Remove five fixing screws, two clips and switch connectors. 9. Remove the meter assembly. - Remove the four fixing screws and disconnect the connectors. 10. Remove the driver knee bolster assembly. - Remove the six fixing bolts and screw. 11. Remove the control lever assembly.
12. Remove the instrument panel assembly. CAUTION: Please refer to: XXXXX XXXXX Systems; Service Precautions for precautions on installation or removal of SRS - air bag system. - Disconnect the instrument harness connectors (six connectors on the driver's side, three connectors on the passenger side and two connectors in the center). - Disconnect the radio antenna cable plug and the ground cable fixing bolts from the dash panel. - Remove the two fixing bolts of the passenger air bag assembly and disconnect the connector. - Remove the two fixing screws from the fuse box. - After pry the three hole cover from the surface of the instrument panel, remove the three nuts. - Remove the six bolts and one screw.
13. Remove the passenger air bag (1). - Remove four fixing nuts. CAUTION: Please refer to: XXXXX XXXXX Systems; Service Precautions for precautions on installation or removal of SRS - air bag system. 14 Remove the vent duct assembly. - Remove the five fixing screws. 15. Remove the passenger lower bracket. - Remove the three screws. 16. Remove the glove box side reinforcement. 17. Remove the instrument panel upper reinforcement. - Remove the nine screws. 18. Remove the instrument panel center reinforcement. - remove the six screws.
19. Remove the instrument panel harness assembly (1). - Remove the clips. 20. Remove the instrument panel stays. - Remove the two fixing nuts and two fixing bolts for each bracket.
21. Remove the cross beam. - Remove the five fixing nuts, two fixing bolts (upper) and six fixing bolts (lower).Installation To install, follow the removal steps in the reverse order, noting the following point: 1. Adjust the control cable.
i dont have the exact step by step
but..this will put you in the ball park
OK. Thanks. I'll give it a try. If I have problems can I check back with you?
just sign in and reply
back to this question
Great. Nice service!!!
you are very welcome