Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Ford focus: I have a problem with the sony 6 stack audio system

I have a problem with the sony 6 stack audio system in my 2007 model focus.It will not play any cds now,it keeps giving me the message cd drive failed!What does this mean?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

The message you are receiving here is usually an indication of an internal electrical fault in the cd drive/changer itself.I have seen several cd changers fail on several models before and some may give a message similar to this to let you know there is a fault with the changer/player assembly.

In most cases the cd changer/player has to be replaced to correct this type of fault here.You can check with local electronics repair facilities or a dealer if one is near to see if they can repair this or send it off for repair.On some vehicles there may be updated programming as well that may correct issues like this but on this model I don't think there is,this would need to be checked by a dealer with access to programming capabilities.Most likely the cd changer/player has failed and needs replaced or repaired to correct this issue here.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete