Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Kia Grand Carnival: GDay Kwiggi,We have a 2006 Grand Carnival.

G'Day Kwiggi,
We have a 2006 Grand Carnival. The front fan became intermittent about a week ago and now does not work at all. The rear works fine.
Temp control etc. seems to be OK with A/C on, just no fan on any setting from min to max.
Is this an easy fix?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

From what you have described here this may be an internal electrical fault with the fan assembly itself as in some cases they can act up intermittently like this and cause this issue,it may also be a fault with the fan switch or fan control unit/resistor/processor causing this as well to where it was intermittent at first and now has failed completely.

The fan circuit would need to be tested to be sure of the component that has failed.Once this has been done and the component located then it can be repaired to correct this issue.Te repair time and cost will vary depending on what is found at fault needing replaced.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Pete,

You answered the question as best you could without seeing the vehicle.

The website said that Kwiggi was on line when he obviously wasn't, judging by the time delay till you answered. Dissappointing!

Best Regards,

Your welcome.Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks Pete