Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Ford Falcon Futura: If I dont let my falcon sit for long enough

If I don't let my falcon sit for long enough or I take of to quickly when it has been sitting for a long period of time the engine light comes on and it goes into limp mode I have been told it is a sensor and it is running rough where can I go to get the problem fixed
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

I would verify first with another mechanic that the check engine light that is coming on is for sure caused by a failing accelerator pedal position sensor.This sensor can be common to fail on several different models as I have seen and usually has to be replaced as an entire throttle body unit on the engine.

Second hand usually means used and this may be what the mechanic/electrician was speaking of as I don't know of a particular repair facility that can repair yours for you.You can get either a new one from a dealer or possibly a parts store or try and locate a used one to correct this issue,keep in mind a used one may already have the same problem or may fail sooner then a new one would.I would have this re checked to verify for sure this is what needs to be done to resolve this here.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete