ToyotaTom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  8+ years experience, ASE Certified

suzuki Forenza: My key seems extremely hot when removed from

My key seems extremely hot when removed from the ignition switch on 2006 Suzuki Forenza premium wagon.Do I have a problem?

ToyotaTom : No, this is perfectly normal, especially during summer months. The steering column is routed through to the engine compartment, and is metal. This conducts heat, which will eventually transfer its way up to the key cylinder and to the key inside it. Most all cars will do this that have the key cylinder on the column. Some vehicles put the ignition key on the dashboard And are not nearly the same. But most any vehicle will exhibit what you are seeing. And some more than others, particularly the ones where the steering column is near the exhaust of the vehicle. Long story short, you don't have anything to worry about :)