VW Tech 1
VW Tech 1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. ASE Master Auto Tech, ASE Heavy Truck Tech, VW factory trained, MINI factory trained,
25695808

Porsche Boxster: where to set the crank shaft on a 2002 Porsche

where to set the crank shaft on a 2002 Porsche boxster 2.7 for set up of 4-6 cyl.cam timing

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'll wait for your answer. Thanks Jim

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Still waiting for an answer.

Thanks for waiting - I will take a run at this one. The simple answer is you set up cylinders 1-3 with crank mark at tdc mark. You then rotate the crankshaft 360 degrees or 1 revolution back to the tdc mark then install and set up cylinders 4-6. This phases the camshafts correctly. This sounds like no other engine because it is like no other engine. The procedure is easy but you need the proper manual and tools to do it correctly and make it survive. Hope this helps. The actual "procedure" is too long and complex to transfer to this page but this will make it run if you know the rest of the procedure.

VW Tech 1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. ASE Master Auto Tech, ASE Heavy Truck Tech, VW factory trained, MINI factory trained,