Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Buick LeSabre Custom: good morning Mr Nova,Every time it

good morning Mr Nova,
Every time it rains, driver side back seat and drivers side floor gs real wet, help me the car is a 2002 Lesabre custom. The water apperars to be coming in from back drivers side door near the I believe you call it a C-Pillar,
Help Please
Justin Brookins

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

I am sorry you have had to wait so long for the first contact. Sometimes this happens when the question you ask is not detailed enough or its just hard to address online. Many have viewed your post, but have passed. I am checking to see if you still need help.

I am not going to lie, this concern is not my strongest point, but I will do my best to help you. I have access to many repair sites, so at the least I can provide something to address at least part of your concern if it is not something I can address from memory and experience.

I mainly work in the last half of the day, so that is when I do all of my responding. If there is anything else you can add to your concern to help me out more so I can help you out in turn please do so in your next reply.

Once you get an answer, you will be prompted to rate me. You are rating my help, not the website, or answer. If you feel the need to rate negative, please save the rating so I can try again or find someone whom may be able to help better.

Thanks for using our site, we will do all we can to earn your business, again sorry we did not get to you sooner.

Chris

>

>

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can see where work is coming in, i am going to i guess take off door panel and do a look see, not sure what else to look for

Since the water is getting onto the seat this means it has to be from a high area. This means its coming either from around the glass seal or door seal. Often these seals get hard and can not create an air tight lock. Also the door hinges can get weak and the door not seal well enough because it is sagging. I suggest you sit in the car and have someone soak the car with a hose to determine exactly the location its coming in so you are only buying one seal and not experimenting with numerous ones.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the leak is coming from bottom, water is not getting on seats, just pooling up on back floor

Sorry I misunderstood your question.

Since it is only getting on the floor you need to verify the water is not coming from the front and following the channels in the floor to the rear. The best way to diagnose this is with someone inside the car and someone outside using a hose on all seal areas.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Moose,
I appreciate all your help, what I did was take off rear door panel, vaccumed out bottom of door, opened drainholes in at bottom of door. the vaccumed all the water on floor, then it rained like hell, no water leaked in, I thank you again
Glad you got it resolved