Brendan Block
Brendan Block, Technician
Experience:  BMW Technician specializing in engine conversions, braking upgrades and race car prep.
74228754

Bentley Continental GT Flying Spur: We have a 2006 Bentley

We have a 2006 Bentley Continental GT Flying Spur - I need to charge the battery - how exactly do I do this.
Category: Car
Expert:  Brendan Block replied 1 year ago.

Fidhle007 :

Hi there!

Fidhle007 :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a European Service tech, hopefully I can help you today!

Fidhle007 :

Can you get into the engine compartment at all?

Customer:

Yes - the trunk is working, etc. - I am trying to figure this out for my husband who is at our cabin with my son - they went up for a golf tournament and they are now stuck there. My husband is not mechanical whatsoever but he can find his way around the vehicle - this has happened two other times and we have turned the key to the left for several seconds & then back over & it would start.

Customer:

He is wondering if he can put the charger on it.

Fidhle007 :

Well, I have not seen one of these in person sadly but there according to my professional literature the battery is on the left-hand side of the trunk behind the trim

Customer:

Yes - he can see that battery - there is actually two on them - one on the right & one of the left -

Fidhle007 :

The one on the left is for starting

Customer:

Is it ok to jump these batteries?

Fidhle007 :

Which is most likely the dead one!

Fidhle007 :

Yes, it should be fine

Customer:

Correct -

Customer:

Just the way that you would normally jump another battery -

Customer:

which side is positive? as both terminals are black

Fidhle007 :

Is there a small plus or minus sign on one side?

Fidhle007 :

are the terminals covered at all?

Customer:

They are covered - but both in black -

Customer:

he has that hooked up

Customer:

and it is charging

Customer:

Can you start it with the charger hooked up?

Fidhle007 :

Yes, it may not start just yet

Customer:

You can with all normal cars - I HATE this BENTLEY - LOL

Fidhle007 :

but there's no reason you can't!

Customer:

Oh good - IT started!

Fidhle007 :

yay!

Customer:

I was just worried that it would mess up the electrical if he charged it.

Fidhle007 :

I can't imagine it would, cars are still cars!

Customer:

Thank you for your help.

Fidhle007 :

I have a customer with an Aston Martin that has dead batteries all the time

Brendan Block, Technician
Experience: BMW Technician specializing in engine conversions, braking upgrades and race car prep.