sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Ford: Got a 1991 T Birdthat the local mice like to colonize.

Got a 1991 T Birdthat the local mice like to colonize. They get into the ventilation system and then into the car. I'd like to screen off the ventilation system inlet, but I can't find it. Where is it?

Bill Johnson

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while Ford isn't my area of greatest expertise I would like to help.

The service information doesn't show an exact location, but without a doubt the fresh air intake should be in the right side of the wiper cowl. What you'll need to do is remove the wiper cowl, the black plastic piece at the base of the windshield, and then you should be able to located the intake over on the right side. Looking at another diagram showing the body sheet metal under the cowl there is an oval opening over on the right side and I believe that should be the air intake.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I didn't get the answer in time to take a look. I'll check it out this coming weekend and get back to you with a rating.

You're welcome!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Found the oval opening you described. I hope that removing the wiper cowl is not tricky. It looks like a few fasteners accessible from the topside should do the trick.

Bill Johnson