sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Lincoln Navigator: I have an 01 Navigator that wont start,

I have an 01 Navigator that wont start, it makes a clicking buzzing noise but thats it. No lights, radio etc.... Also, the theft light blinks rapidly and when i tried putting dome light on it was blinking really fast and coordinated with the buzzing sound from behind the steering wheel... This happened to me a few months ago but after waiting for a half hour it started rite up... Truck is in parking lot now..

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds like you may just have a dead battery. These symptoms would happen if battery voltage to the vehicle was low. I would first try a jump start and see if that gets it started or at least shows signs of improvement. A jump start won't always help even with a dead battery depending on quality of jumper cables and the severity of the battery issue though.

If that doesn't help then disconnect the battery and closely look at the cables, terminals and posts to make sure there is no corrosion. Clean any that you see and try it again.

If everything looks ok and the jump starter doesn't help, or it shows improvement and it still won't crank enough to start, then I would recommend removing the battery and having it load tested. Most parts stores and places like Wal-Mart will load test batteries for free.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your response... you were dead on... I ended up changing the connection post and spraying the wires and battery posts with cleaner and she starts rite up!!! Thank God it was a easy fix!!!!

Thank You..

Excellent, I'm glad to hear it!If I have been helpful rating my performance with at least OK Service or battery will give me credit for helping you. Good luck with your Navigator and enjoy the rest of your weekend!