CarDoc
CarDoc, Independent European Shop owner
Experience:  20 years of experience working with European cars. Independent European shop owner and technician.
14582033

I run a small used car dealership in California. Is it customary

Customer Question

I run a small used car dealership in California. Is it customary for larger new car dealerships to offer a finders fee for referring customers? I am in Corona, CA any specifics on my area? We get new car buyers and would like to refer them over to a specific place as opposed to telling them no.
Category: Car
Expert:  CarDoc replied 3 years ago.

CarDoc :

Hello, I'm Jason. I will do my best to answer your question quickly and accurately using the information you have provided.

CarDoc :

This is a situation where direct contact with the sales manager of a few dealerships is in order.

CarDoc :

I run a small European car repair shop in Western NY, and have developed relationships with a few key dealerships in my area, both for service and parts reasons, and for the few new car deals that I can refer folks to

CarDoc :

However, in your case, being a dealer yourself, this may be considered a bit of a conflict of interest to the larger new car dealers, as they are also used car dealers

CarDoc :

But definitely some phone time, and person to person time is in order with each dealer's sales manager, and/or general manager