Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

had passlock issues, i cut the yellow wire, security light

Customer Question

had passlock issues, i cut the yellow wire, security light came on , but it started. the very next day it started fine in the morning when it was cold outside. when i got off work it was completely dead but everything on the inside worked what could this be
Submitted: 3 years ago via
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for asking your question today. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-How many miles are on your Car?
-What type of engine is in your Car?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its a 2004 Pontiac Grand AM it has 150k on it and is a V6 Yesterday i put a resistor behind the ignition for the yellow and black wires running into the BCM, I then checked the BCM i noticed a little corrosion on the right side of the connectors this was the grey middle connector the other two were fine, i then lubricated and cleaned the connectors and placed them back into the rightful positions. the car started however the security light is still on, and stated in my initial post, the car will start in the morning. with no problems or stall, after the car has sat for a while usually around 5pm the car will not say ANYTHING but EVERYTHING on the inside of the car lights up, i know if the car will start before hand if my remote unlock doesnt work. i believe when it is hot the plastic in the bcm expands and causes the disconnection. i usually have to leave my car at work get a ride the next morning and that morning it works fine.. just not in the afternoon.. please help me with this thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

2004 Pontiac grand am V6 150k

I have already tried putting a dummy resistor in place where i cut the yellow and black wire behind the ignition, i also check the bcm with all three connections. the light grey middle connector had corrosion around the prongs on the right side. i lubricated them and cleaned and reinstalled them. i turned the car on it started however the security light is still i stated in my initial post the car starts fine in the morning when its cooler. after sitting outside until 5pmit wont do ANYTHING but EVERYTHING on the inside lights up.i know when its not goin to work when my remote doesnt unlock the doors, THEN I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO LEAVE IT AT WORK i believe when it gets hot outside the plastic in the bcm expands causing the disconnection, because when i get to work in the morning i try to start it and it starts fine pleas help me with this issue and thanks in advanced

If you have completed the pass lock relearn procedure and verified the battery voltage is good then I too believe the failure is a bad BCM since the key fobs also fail at the same time.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Chris, after more research I've read that the "radiator reserve has an sensor when the car gets hot it shuts off the fuel ... could this be an possibility

Yes it can shut down the fuel of overheating r if there is a cooling system issue. If you have this warning showing up not prior mentioned then yes, do resolve this concern first.