sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Hyundai Sonata: Hyuday Sonata 2004.Remote control dont open/unlo

Hyuday Sonata 2004.
Remote control don’t open/unlock/ all door.
Tailgate remote control open /unlock/

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do the power door locks work? If the power locks work ok with the switch inside but the not with the key fob then the key fob itself is likely the case. I'm assuming the power locks do work with the switch since you didn't mention them not working. Since you trunk does open with the fob you know the car is receiving the signal from it.

What I would recommend is having the fob tested. Most shops and dealers will have a tester that can test it's output signal, large parts stores like Autozone will test them for free. I believe you will find that it transmits a signal when pressing the trunk release button but does not when pressing the lock and unlock buttons. If that's the case then the fob will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Power lock with switch inside lock all the door bath not unlock’
light is answer to fob.
What is mean ?

Does the power door lock button on the inside of the car work correctly?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The power door lock button lock all the door bath not unlock

You get the same operation when pressing the door lock button or the button on the key fob then, correct?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There are two door lock relays in the fuse box inside. ONe relay is used to lock the doors and the other to unlock. They are controlled both by hardwired input from the switch and a module input when using keyless entry. Try swapping both of these relays with others and see if that takes care of the problem.

If not then some electrical testing will need to be done to see what is happening. Since the problem happens with the door lock switch and with the fob then it is likely a problem with the unlock relay or it's wiring.