sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 14 years dealership experience

Ford Escape: Owner of a 2008 Ford Escape recently purchased

Owner of a 2008 Ford Escape recently purchased from a dealer as part of a deceased estate - radio not working as vehicle had battery changed no radio code in books have been to Ford Dealer who removed radio and sent details to Ford radio section no records on file with them. Vehicle was a Ford Factory sell originally owned by Ford Staff at factory then on sold to dealership in WA then onto to person who is now deceased. Ford unable to help at all whats my next option seems such a simple exercise but its all too hard for those who should know - may have to replace radio (6 stack cd) complete if I can get one???? Is there a quick solution or is it a case of sorry!!!!!
Category: Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Is the radio just not working or is it actually asking for a code? If it isn't asking for a code then the radio itself has most likely failed. If it won't work at all then testing the powers and grounds would be the next step. If they are ok and the radio won't power on then it will need to be replaced.

If it is actually asking for a code and there is no code available from Ford for this radio's serial and the vehicle's VIN then there are only a couple options. You can replace the radio, or you could try sending this one out to a repair facility. There are electronics repair facilities that specialize in automotive radios and they will have the ability to remove the code feature from the radio or may be able to use their equipment to retrieve the code from it if there is one. If the radio has simply failed then a repair facility will likely to be able to repair it also, which is usually cheaper than replacement.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Initially it was a fuse that was blown but once that was replaced it then requested a code but as indicated no luck from Ford will try radio repair have also found a replacement on ebay if repair person fails. Many thanks

YOu're welcome!

If I have been helpful rating my performance with at least OK Service or better will give me credit for helping you.

Good luck with your car!
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 14 years dealership experience