Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I have been a Car/vehicle mechanic 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

The car starts fine but the idiot lights stay on ( voltage,

Customer Question

The car starts fine but the idiot lights stay on ( voltage, oil pressure, seat belt flashes, airbag, security) and the RPM gauge does not work. Once i heard an electronic type click under the hood and the Idiot lights went out and RPM guage
came on and works when the lights are off. All other electronics work on the car and it runs and cranks excellently. 97 Olds Achieva 2.4
Category: Car
Expert:  SARMIENTO22556 replied 1 year ago.

SARMIENTO22556 :

what was the voltage out of the alternator?

Customer :

Its normal. 14.3

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome, back to justanswer..

The previous expert has opted out of this question -

Let me know if you still need help with this

If you do - please outline all that you have done/ tried / tested etc - and any parts etc replaced -then we can progress from there...

Rgds, MIKE..........................................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I figured it out, thanks anyway!

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again -

Thank you very much for letting me know..

Im sorry I was not the first one to see your question but IM glad you have got sorted out anyway..

If there is ever anything else, you are welcome to come back. Im always happy to help..
All the very best to you -

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will be glad to give you an OK rating but I do not want to pay being that you didn't really get a chance to help me. If there's a way to rate you for your excellent service but not pay let me know and I will take care of it, thank you.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for your reply...

Im afraid that there is no way to give an Excellent rating and not pay - thats just the way the system is set up- and I have no control over that whatsoever - so if you don't want to pay thats fine, you will just have to leave it.... I understand that,.

But I note you have left me a "poor rating" -- That actually does me harm -so I would appreciate your changing that - deleting that etc - As you say, I didn't actually help you or otherwise... I was just sending you a courtesy reply....

Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

o, I am sorry, so your rating will not have anything to do with me having to pay? If so, then I will change it

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi again...

Thank you very much - I appreciate that.

Best Rgds - and all the best -

MIKE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The car starts fine but the idiot lights stay on ( voltage, oil pressure, seat belt flashes, airbag, security) and the RPM gauge does not work. Once i heard an electronic type click under the hood and the Idiot lights went out and RPM guage came on and works when the lights are off. All other electronics work on the car and it runs and cranks excellently. 97 Olds Achieva 2.4

Optional Information: Make: Oldsmobile Model: Achieva Year: 1997 What have you tried so far?: Left key on for over ten minutes, cut off then crunk it but idiot lights stay on. Cleaned and checked battery, voltage from Alternator and corrosion is minimal to none.

Okay mike I have a different problem now and I'm going to give you try! After cleaning the cigarette lighter a fuse blew which controlled the door chime also. Replace it and checked all of the other fuses and they're all working fine. I've noticed that the idiot lights are not illuminated , no lights in the instrument cluster are illuminated. The car will crank every time but immediately dies down as if the Security System is killing the ignition or fuel system. Also the ignition key will not turn all the way back to the off spot so that it can be pulled out. Is there a trick to get it out so that the Security System will acknowledge the key or will I have to buy another ignition switch? Please reply asap and i will be happy to pay for your expertise.Full of gas and all minor issues are fine. 98% sure its the security system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
The first mechanic opted out of the question and the second mechanic is taking too long to reply.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again..

Im not at all sure whats going on here - First we were discussing the Poor service rating situation ...

You were going to change that , that was the last thing you said to me - which I acknowledged...but you didn't do that.

Now you have effectively listed another / different question - that makes 5 questions with no accepts - no positive ratings on any.

Im sure you can see my dilemma here - perhaps you could explain. I am more than happy to help if you honor what you say- with 5 questions and no payment for any, no expert will answer you Im afraid....

Plus as regards XXXXX XXXXX reply - your message as above came in at 3 am... so we must be in different time zones - so please bear that in mind.

Rgds, MIKE...............................