Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

Porsche 911: 87 911 w/3.2 EFI / hooked up battery cables wrong

87 911 w/3.2 EFI / hooked up battery cables wrong way/ Already replace module and still no spark to spark plugs / what else do I need to replace to get car running
Category: Car
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what information do you need?

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. No further information is being requested at this time. Please note that the automatic header that indicates a message is waiting for you refers to messages, replies, or questions as requests for information whether or not a question is being asked. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, WHAT INFORMATION DO YOU NEED?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK , WHAT INFI=ORMATION DO YOU NEED?

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

As noted in the prior post, no further information is being requested at this time. Please note that the automatic header that indicates a message is waiting for you refers to messages, replies, or questions as requests for information whether or not a question is being asked.

We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok, thank you and yes ? I'll will be waiting for you untill you find somebody to help me with my question. Again, THANK YOU.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, sorry for the wait. My name isXXXXX you jump start a car backwards it can be difficult to sort through the damage. If you have already replaced the DME control module under the seat you need to make sure that you are getting power to the control unit. You should have power on terminal 18 and 35 of the DME control unit. If you have no power to the control unit I would replace the DME relay. The relay is located under the seat next to the control module. I've attached a picture below. The relay is item #2 in the picture. Let me know how you make out.

graphic
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey Thanks Marty, I'm not getting power to the module so I'll get the relay tomorrow and let you know how I came out? Thanks Again, and if that's all. And the car starts, I hope I can tip you tomorrow !!!!

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
You're quite welcome. I'll be around later in the day tomorrow if you need anything.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey Marty?Sorry, But it's not the relay next to the module. Still no spark to the plugs. So what is the next step to this headache? ( So far, I replace the module and the fuel pump relay.( That relay is right next to the module, under the drivers seat.) )

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, is the fuel pump operating when you crank the motor? Do you have power to the DME now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, I do have power to the module and yes, I hear the f/pump going when I turn the key on.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Ok, if you have no spark from the coil I'd say the possibilities are either the coil is bad or there is no power to the coil or there is no signal from the crank sensor or the DME is bad. I've attached the test steps for the DME relay and the crank sensors. Run through the tests and see if you find any faults.

Test Steps For Ignition System

Marty, ASE Certified Technician