Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Suzuki XL7: I have a 2007 XL7 and have been to a couple of

Customer Question

I have a 2007 XL7 and have been to a couple of mechanics and getting different answers regarding my SUV. I originally brought it in because the traction control light is flashing. When I brought it in I was told the right front wheel bearing/sipped sensor was no good and need to be replaced. I then brought it to a different mechanic who did the work on the right front wheel bearing. After completing the work he said the light would not go off because the front left also needed to be done. This was never brought up as an issue from the first mechanic I went to. Is replacing this supposed to fix the traction control light? Is this a common issue with this vehicle? The car has a little over 90k miles on it. Also, we hauled our boat with it last weekend and after towing the boat we noticed it would start to chug after the boat was off of the car. It would do this quickly at about 18k RPM's. you would see the RPM's jump and feel the car jerk. Does this have anything to do with the wheel bearing/speed sensor or is this a separate issue? If so what is causing this?
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

I am sorry you have had to wait so long for the first contact. Sometimes this happens when the question you ask is not detailed enough or its just hard to address online. Many have viewed your post, but have passed. I am checking to see if you still need help.

I am not going to lie, this concern is not my strongest point, but I will do my best to help you. I have access to many repair sites, so at the least I can provide something to address at least part of your concern if it is not something I can address from memory and experience.

I mainly work in the last half of the day, so that is when I do all of my responding. If there is anything else you can add to your concern to help me out more so I can help you out in turn please do so in your next reply.

Once you get an answer, you will be prompted to rate me. You are rating my help, not the website, or answer. If you feel the need to rate negative, please save the rating so I can try again or find someone whom may be able to help better.

Thanks for using our site, we will do all we can to earn your business, again sorry we did not get to you sooner.

Chris

>

>