Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2006 Mini convertible (not an S model). I have a set of warning

2006 Mini convertible (not an S model). I have a set of warning lights come on when: it's hot out, above 70 degrees (doesn't happen in winter), and I make a sharp right turn. ABS, tire pressure gauge and the DSC warning lights come on. It resets when I turn the engine off. Anything to worry about?

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

I am sorry you have had to wait so long for the first contact. Sometimes this happens when the question you ask is not detailed enough or its just hard to address online. Many have viewed your post, but have passed. I am checking to see if you still need help.

I am not going to lie, this concern is not my strongest point, but I will do my best to help you. I have access to many repair sites, so at the least I can provide something to address at least part of your concern if it is not something I can address from memory and experience.

I mainly work in the last half of the day, so that is when I do all of my responding. If there is anything else you can add to your concern to help me out more so I can help you out in turn please do so in your next reply.

Once you get an answer, you will be prompted to rate me. You are rating my help, not the website, or answer. If you feel the need to rate negative, please save the rating so I can try again or find someone whom may be able to help better.

Thanks for using our site, we will do all we can to earn your business, again sorry we did not get to you sooner.

Chris

>

>

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

As I said, this only happens when the temperature is above 60-65 degrees and humid. Sharp right turns only (and not in reverse). I have had my rear brake pads recently replaced and new tires. But this does seam to be affected by the front wheels or maybe it's the steering?

This doesn't affect anything about the car except for the warning lights coming on. The mini dealership is about aXXXXXaway and thought you may be able to give me some insight before I call them.

Thanks, Ruthie

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Chris,

What other specific questions do you have?

Thanks, Ruthie

First off you need to get it scanned to retrieve the codes, without knowing these codes there is no way to know whats wrong. Currently its looking like a wheel speed sensor is to blame.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Chris,

Good work. I think that may be the problem. I found this after your diagnosis....

These sensors play a vital part of the ABS system, flat tire monitor, cruise control, and the DSC (or ASC). If you have these error lights on, then it's a good chance you need one of these sensors replaced.

I like having some knowledge of a problem before going to a repair shop. I will give you a very good rating : )

Thanks, Ruthie

Thanks