Jack
Jack, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  I have been an automotive technician for over 15 years and have worked on most makes and models.
72783663

Cadillac Escalade ESV: Hi, now I need to replace all the brakes

Hi, now I need to replace all the brakes on my 2004 EscaladevESV and I would like the best brakes (premium) that GM makes. I have heard to use GM Premium vs GM Advantage. I need rotors, pads parking brake stuff too. Could you provide me with the part numbers for this whole set? I haul a fishing boat and snowmobile trailer with 2sleds on it also as we'll as a full load of passengers sometimes (8persons)
Category: Car
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello, is it possible to get the vin number so I can get you the correct information for your vehicle thank you and I look forward for a reply
Jack
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

3GYFK66N14G118841

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Pete,
thank you for that this will take me a bit to gather the information so now you want all the part numbers and prices for the best quality available OEM GM parts correct?
Jack
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Prices are not needed I did not state prices in the original question but thanks for asking :-)
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

I think I have what you need I included the price of front and rear pads, calipers, rotors, hoses, and e-brake. I am going to try and send you a copy of a screen.

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

what we have as the premium is the ac delco (GM) dura stop this is a high grade ceramic and we sell a lot of this pad. on the rear e-brake there is a first design and a second design only way to tell is to see which one you have vin will not break it down to 1 clip or 2 clip design so I listed each. if you have more parts look up needs or if this is not exactly what you wanted then please let me know.

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Pete, I know you said prices were not needed but it was on my view so I sent it with it list price is more than likely what you would be paying.
Jack
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

on Amazon, would i need the 18A925 brake rotor for the fronts?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

where did you get the 18A925 number from? Looking on the crossover it comes up as the 18A925A on amazon

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Pete, I see where you got the numbers from the amazon site just remember that the number I gave you are the OEM factory numbers that you ask for oe and AC delco numbers are going to be different, I have used the crossover and the numbers that come up from amazon for ac delco do cross to the oe numbers
Jack
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm trying to be specific as to NOT use the cheaper quality Advantage version. I assume that the 18A925 A means Advantage. Is this correct?
I won't need hoses or calipers. Just pads and rotors please. I would like to purchase them from Amazon as they seem to be the cheapest. Unless you know of cheaper?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Pete, I will have to do some more checking the number on amazon is not a gm oe number this is a ac delco number give a bit to track down the right stuff, but I do not think you are going to be able to buy the original equipment parts on amazon. AC delco makes parts for many brands of auto not just GM hang in there with me. I will do a bit more checking
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Pete, Here goes again the front pad gm number is XXXXX 18048101 and that goes to a amazon number of 171-670, front rotor gm number is XXXXX 19210603 and that goes to a amazon number of 177-863, rear pad gm number is XXXXX 18045936 and that goes to a amazon number of 171-659, rear rotor gm number is XXXXX 25757802 and goes to a amazon number of 177-902, the numbers for a gm e-brake kit with 1 clip is 89026787 and goes to a amazon number of(NNN) NNN-NNNN and the e-brake kit with 2 clips is a gm number 88967122 and that goes to a amazon number(NNN) NNN-NNNN I think someone has misinformed you on the advantage area of the gm parts the advantage is only on the rotors these are lesser grade rotors and not the pads the above numbers I gave you on the pads are for oe and the list on the quote sheet I sent it had a dura-stop pad and gm considers that to be there top grade even thou they are cheaper in price ac delco makes the dura-stop pads also. does this make sense? when you go to the amazon site do not use the vehicle input section take the oe part numbers I gave you and search them on amazon and the site will cross them over to the amazon ac delco part numbers.

Jack

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
just checking to see how it is coming
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been busy working so ill ck out your posts later or tomorrow. Thx
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
you bet just checking
Jack, Auto Service Technician
Experience: I have been an automotive technician for over 15 years and have worked on most makes and models.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks like they all worked out just right and I ordered all from Amazon. Thanks much for your help! Those pads were the ceramic ones right? The best ones?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Pete, the oe pad number is XXXXX the OE pad on your caddy was original with ceramic pads and judging from the pictures on the amazon site they do look to be the ceramic pads.
Jack
Jack, Auto Service Technician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Awesome!!!