Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

645 ci: 2004 bmw 645 ci front engine noise like bearing rattling

2004 bmw 645 ci front engine noise like bearing rattling from left facing engine and then noiss gone ? restrart engine some times return and sm tms not wrked on oldr bmw but this latest never so gd lk to me

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

In some cases this noise may be caused by one of the pulleys on the belt driven system on the front of the engine.I would remove the drive belt and spin the pulleys by hand to see if one or more has slack or sounds rough when spun.

If one is found then the one that is noisy or feels rough would need replaced.This may include the water pump or alternator that can cause this here and can be intermittent like this in some cases.

If these have been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue if needed.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi pete sorry i cdnt get back to you earlier to ck the pulleys was a basic to do but the problem is still there without the belts on so tks for yr help franky

Did you still need help with this or have you located the noise?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi pete kept the car for to long i must give it back to owner that can find a bmw mech who might find a solution faster thank you franky

O.k.,let me know if you need anything else in the future.

Thanks Pete