sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

suzuki baleno: I have a Suzuki baleno auto 1999 model and last

I have a Suzuki baleno auto 1999 model and last few days I hear a squeaking noise on the right side of the car , when I put the brake on it stops.
When I am reversing up the driveway it makes a whining noise and stops as I move out straight along the road. I cant work out what it can be. Its an old car but only up until this week have been having this problem.Only has 120,000km
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

A squeaking noise that happens until the brakes are applied is normally caused by a brake issue. Most likely what you are hearing is the warning tab on one of the brake pads contacting the rotor because the pads are worn and need to be replaced. It's also possible that you could be having noise from an excessively hard spot in a brake pad, a rust ring built up on the inside or outside of a rotor, etc. The first thing I would do is check the brakes thoroughly.

The whining noise in reverse could be normal. Manual transmissions usually make a bit of whining noise in reverse, if you have a manual trans then what you are hearing could be normal.