Canada fix
Canada fix, Owner/Technician
Experience:  Trained in a Ford shop. Worked for the last 21 years as an independant. 19 of those in my own shop.
25077074

I HAVE A BOMBARDIER 2000 TRAXTER. YEAR 2002. I CANNOT SHIFT

I HAVE A BOMBARDIER 2000 TRAXTER. YEAR 2002. I CANNOT SHIFT FROM HIGH, LOW, NETURAL OR PARK, WITHOUT TURNING OFF THE IGNITION FIRST. NO PROBLUM WITH THE ELECTRONIC SHIFTING FROM 1 TO 5 WHILE THE 4 WHEELER IS RUNNING. CAN YOU HELP ME. MY NAME [email protected]
I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I STILL WANT AN ANSWEAR TO MY QUESTION. I WILL WAIT, BUT PLEASE GIVE ME AN ANSWEAR A.S.A.P. THANKS LEO

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Hello Leo.

Welcome to Just Answer.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your question.

Just seen your question today, sorry I did not see it sooner.

I own two Traxters and really like them.
We sell Bombardier products at our shop and I work on them here.
When I have difficulty with shifting, it's usually because the idle is too high.
On the side of the carburetor, there is an adjustment screw that you can adjust the idle down.
Also make sure that the choke cable isn't sticking and will shut off completely.

The carburetors on these machines were not the greatest for adjustment.
They tend to idle up high when warmed up.
So if you adjust idle correctly when hot, they tend to stall when cold.
I have adjusted mine so it runs best once the engine has run for a few minutes.

Please respond with any questions or comments and I will assist you the best I can.
Thank you kindly,
Bernie
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THANKS , BERNIE I WILL GIVE YOUR SUGESTION A TRY LET YOU KNOW IF IT WORKS. LEO

Hello Leo.

If you have any difficulty finding the screw, I can take a picture this evening of one for you to help.

thank you,
Bernie
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI, BERNIE, I TRIED YOUR SUGGESTION ON TURNING DOWN THE IDELING ON THE CARBURATER. I STILL HAVE TO SHUT DOWN THE ENGINE , THEN I AM ABLE TO SHIFT TO PARK ,NETURAL, LOW ,OR HIGH. THE MACHINE WILL ONLY START IN THE NETURAL POSITION, THEN IAM ABLE TO SHIFT TO ONLY ONE POSITION, TO SHIFT TO THE OTHER GEARS I HAVE TO SHUT THE ENGINE DOWN, PUT IT IN NETURAL AND START THE ENGINE AND THEN SHIFT TO ONE OF THE ABOVE GEARS. COULD IT BE A LINKIGE PROBLUM--THANKS LEO

Hello Leo.

These engines need to run as slow as possible, almost to the point of stall in order to shift properly.

If you have adjusted the idle as low as possible then the issue becomes that the hydraulic clutches may not be releasing properly.
This can be caused by using the improper oil that is required for this machine.
The oil not only lubricates the engine on these models, but it also activates the clutch drive.
Did you use Bombardiers own oil with the last oil change?

The Traxter should start in Park or Neutral and also with the brake applied in gear.

Let me know.
Thank you,
Bernie
Canada fix, Owner/Technician
Experience: Trained in a Ford shop. Worked for the last 21 years as an independant. 19 of those in my own shop.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THANKS BERNIE ILL IDLE THE MACHINE DOWN AS LOW AS ICAN AND CHECK THE OIL. WILL ALSO TRY AND START IT IN PARK AND WITH BRAKE ON IN GBEAR LET YOU KNOW ---LEO

Thank you Leo.

I will check for any messages from you and will reply as soon as I can.

Bernie
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI BERNIE , YOUR ADVICE ON THE OIL AND IDELING WORKED. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP. YOU WERE RIGHT THE IDELING HAS TO BE AT A MINIUM. ONE MORE THING, CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET AN OPERATORS MANUAL FOR MY MACHINE?---THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP----LEO

Good morning Leo.

Thank you so much for accepting the answer and for the generous bonus.
It is very much appreciated.
Glad it worked out for you.

It may be possible that you could get the manual from your local Can-Am/ Bombardier dealer, but because these models were discontinued they may not be available anymore.
Another possible place to look could be from a John Deere dealer.
John Deer sold Traxters rebranded as a "Buck".
It may not be exactly specific to yours, but all the important information should be in it.

If you cannot find one, let me know and I will see if there is one in one of my machines.

Thank you,
Bernie