Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Hummer H3: I am working on a 2007 Hummer H3, 5 spd trans,

Customer Question

I am working on a 2007 Hummer H3, 5 spd trans, 3.7 L engine. I just replaced the engine and put in a new clutch while the engine was removed. The new engine runs perfectly, and I can feel the transmission engage when I place it into gear.. The truck will not move and I am recieving these messages at the dash "Traction Failed, Serv 4WD, Service Stab System" The 4WD panel status indicator lights remain off but flash when any mode of 4WD is selected. Prior to removing the engine there were no problems with the drive line. i have checked the electrical connections at the transfer case and all is OK with no evident damage. My Scan tool will only give me engine streaming data and all is OK there.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Sorry for the long wait.

Many techs have looked at your post and have not felt comfortable helping. This area of concern is not my strongest point but I will try to help as best I can at least with some information. I have access to a lot of repair guides so I should be able to at least do something to aid you if your still needing help and willing to let me try.

Once I post an answer you will be prompted to rate me, not the site or wait time, or the news in my answer. Please let me know exactly what you need from me so I can earn a good rating.

Chris

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It would appear that the problem was very minor. Even though the wiring harness for the transfer case encoder motor looked undamaged, I opened up the surrounding black plastic loom to inspect it. To my surprise 3 of the wires had been cut, probably when I was aligning the front engine mounts and I had taken loose the rear mount to facilitate that. (I was working alone) The weight of the trans must have dropped on the harness and cut the wires. A little solder, flux shrink tubing and zip ties fixed the problem and the Hummer runs very well now.

Glad you resolved it.