caughlins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Advanced engine diagnosis master technician. Factory Trained on Bentley, Lamborghini, Lotus and Jaguar

2007 GTC Continental: The key fobs on my 2007 Bentley GTC Continental

The key fobs on my 2007 Bentley GTC Continental do not work to lock/unlock the car. We have replaced the batteries with new ones and the remote start does work-do they need reprogrammed. Also, if I use the key to lock the door, then when I unlock it the alarm goes off. The car was stored for 5 months with a trickle charger (Bentley).
After taking it out of storage I am getting messages: roof fault, low battery (car has been driven on the highway for 70 plus miles), level fault.
Warning lamps: engine (solid), slippery road
Also, the seat belt on the passenger side locks tight against the body after it is engaged preventing me from leaning forward-how do I release it.

caughlins : It sounds as thought the battery tender did not keep the battery charged. If you are still getting the warning on the dash about low battery voltage this may be the cause for the remotes not working. I have seen a few cars where the battery went low and it flagged a fault with one of the antennas. When there is a fault with an antenna the system will not work properly. Recharge the main battery on the left side of the trunk. The ABS and traction control lights should go out with a few hundred feet of driving straight. There is a button in the glove box. Once pressed it will release the seat belt. Let me know if I can be of more assistance. -Colin