Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Isuzu Rodeo SE: Have a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo V6 152K miles. Check

Customer Question

Have a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo V6 152K miles. Check engine light on and off. Code checker said Egr Valve most likely. Replaced EGR and problem is still there. Code again said EGR or emission leakage. search has suggested that the tube from bottom of EGR to the Intake may be plugged. Do you have any suggestions of how to work this out...
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 3 years ago.

tims auto repair : hi
tims auto repair : if you give me the code # XXXXX are getting,,,i will give you some checks/tests,that may help you find your problem
JACUSTOMER-gm1qfe55- : Something 401
tims auto repair : please stand by
tims auto repair : ok
tims auto repair : please copy and paste the link below to your browser..i have uploaded more info on this there
tims auto repair : .
tims auto repair : https://www.dropbox.com/s/0argupp1nobikyp/0521-2000-isuzu-P0401.doc
tims auto repair : .
tims auto repair : Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button so I can get credit for my work,, the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, ,please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE
JACUSTOMER-gm1qfe55- : Oh no, you have not helped me any. I gave you much detail, and told you that the first code check said the EGR was most likely, 2nd code said emision leak. If this is all you can do give me a web link and say good by, they you best refund the $29.00. Be assured I will fight for that refund.
tims auto repair : ok
tims auto repair : please stand by
tims auto repair : maybe one of the other guys will have a better idea
tims auto repair : of what is going on with your rodeo
tims auto repair : i will opt out
tims auto repair : someone will be right with you