Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

How do i replace the bulbs on the instrument cluster gauges

How do i replace the bulbs on the instrument cluster gauges on a 2004 Suzuki Aerio?
What type of bulbs do i need? The dashboard area is dimly lit.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

In order to replace the bulbs in the instrument cluster for this vehicle here the instrument cluster would need removed and once removed then the bulb sockets at the back of the instrument cluster are turned usually counter clock wise then the socket/bulb assembly removed.

After they are removed then the new bulbs with sockets attached (they should come together as one piece) are twisted and locked into place.

The part numbers I show are 4 each of:

34171-54G10 for automatic transmission vehicles and 34171-54G20 for manual transmission vehicles.Unfortunately I don't have any diagrams available to post here on this.

Thanks Pete

HERE is my profile if you need anything in the future on your vehicle here,you can save it to your favorites and come back if you have any future questions on your vehicle (besides this question here).
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for responding.Would you have instructions on replacing the instrument cluster so as to replace the bulbs?
Unfortunately my info on this vehicle doesn't list or show how the cluster is removed (of course it did tell me the bulbs are replaced seperately and told me how to replace them) but no removal and install of the instrument cluster itself.I apologize as I wish I had more info on the removal.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Would you know if this vehicle carries a rheostat control for dimming the dashboard display and if the bulbs are available? It appears to me the suzuki dealerships are phasing out of business.
My info isn't showing a rheostat for this vehicle but this doesn't mean one isn't present.Usually if it has a control for the lights it is near or attached to the instrument cluster itself.

I am unable to locate a web site or place myself that may carry and sell these bulbs.If the dealer is unable to get them or if you cannot contact a dealer for them you can check with local after market parts stores as they may be able to locate these bulbs for you.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Pete,
Thanks for your help.I will accept now and if i have any further questions i will contact you.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Pete,
Thanks for following up with me.
I was successful in replacing all the cluster gauge bulbs (only 3 were available at the dealership) and i figured out how to remove the instrument cluster gauge. However, i am now wondering where to obtain them in future.
Part # 34171-54G10 was correct for automatic transmission whereas ebay showed a wedge-type bulb which was incorrect.Would you happen to know where to obtain them in future?
Thanks to you this was a successful endeavor!
Unfortunately I don't know of any locations where these would be available for purchase.You might contact some local after market parts stores to see if they can get these bulbs for you.

Thanks Pete