Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

2002 Acura RSX brake problem, calipers keep locking up; ca

2002 Acura RSX brake problem, calipers keep 'locking up'; calipers replaced, ABS module replaced, master cylinder replaced, hoses and lines replaced, right front caliper still locks up, caliper replaced 3 times, at a loss?

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Sorry for the long wait.

Many techs have looked at your post and have not felt comfortable helping. This area of concern is not my strongest point but I will try to help as best I can at least with some information. I have access to a lot of repair guides so I should be able to at least do something to aid you if your still needing help and willing to let me try.

Once I post an answer you will be prompted to rate me, not the site or wait time, or the news in my answer. Please let me know exactly what you need from me so I can earn a good rating.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.

Something has to be causing this caliper piston to get to the point of getting stuck, this means either the brake rotor is warped thus making the caliper piston cycle in and out rapid, or the brake pads are to hard or burnished and there producing to much heat and the caliper piston is seizing form heat. Also make sure the wheel bearing is good.