Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Eng will not start without spreay in T

Eng will not start without spreay in T

tims auto repair : hi
tims auto repair : will it continue to run after byou start it with starting fluid?
Customer: no only is spray is continued
tims auto repair : ok
tims auto repair : does it have fuel pressure?
tims auto repair : does the fuel pump come on for 2 seconds when you first turn the key on?
Customer: pump is working good tested strong flow befor connected to filter. Did not put a guage in line and did not attempt to remove qd type connection at TB, a bit rusted and do not have that tool
tims auto repair : ok
tims auto repair : do you have a noid test light for the injectors
tims auto repair : ?
Customer: No I do have a vac/preeure guage but it is a new pump
Customer: No test light for injectors
tims auto repair : ok
tims auto repair : when you say the car was flooded....was it completely under water
Customer: Just below the dash. none of the electronics got wet
tims auto repair : ok
tims auto repair : from the way you explain..it sounds as if you dont have an injector pulse
tims auto repair : this could be caused by a couple of things
tims auto repair : 1-the ignition module
tims auto repair : 2-the crank sensor
Customer: Ok
tims auto repair : the crank sensor is on the rear of the engiine block and would have been under water
Customer: ok can I check that with a meeter. If the ign was bad would it still start with spray
tims auto repair : yes,,it is possible for the ignition module to have a spark,,but stop the injector pulse
tims auto repair : please stand by
tims auto repair : i dont have a good test for the crank sensor
tims auto repair : also,,the computer[ecm]itself may have got wet
Customer: OK I think my book has a test for ign mod, any other sencer that would keep it form starting ie cam sensor
tims auto repair : and burnt out
tims auto repair : the computer nmay have been under water
tims auto repair : please stand by
tims auto repair : please copy and paste the link below to your browser..i have uploaded more info on this there
tims auto repair : .
tims auto repair : https://www.dropbox.com/s/eliz7rl82aysz1y/0519-94-olds-Ignition%20Coil%20And%20Module%20Installation.doc
tims auto repair : .
tims auto repair : Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button so I can get credit for my work,, the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, ,please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP
Customer: How would I get back to you if I need more help
tims auto repair : you just sign in,,,and reply back to this question
tims auto repair : if im not online,,i will reply as soon as i am back online
Customer: ok one last any thing else could this? I do not think the comp got wet
tims auto repair : i think the crank sensor is the likley problem
Customer: Thanks on the way to auto store
tims auto repair : i would think also that the problem is one of these 3 things,,alao check the plug connectors to these things