Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER: HI GUYS. I HAVE AN 2003 RANGE ROVER

Customer Question

HI GUYS. I HAVE AN 2003 RANGE ROVER HSE. THE ALARM GOES OFF AND POPS THE FUSE THAT CONTROL THE LOCK AND UNLOCK. THE TRUNK DOESNT OPEN WITH KEY OR BY PRESSING SWITCH INSIDE THE CAR. INTERIOR LIGHTS DONT WORK EITHER. I CHANGE FUSE FEW TIME IN PAST FEW DAYS AND EVEN PUT BIGGER FUSE FROM 15 TO 20 AMP. ANY1 HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Sorry for the long wait.

Many techs have looked at your post and have not felt comfortable helping. This area of concern is not my strongest point but I will try to help as best I can at least with some information. I have access to a lot of repair guides so I should be able to at least do something to aid you if your still needing help and willing to let me try.

Once I post an answer you will be prompted to rate me, not the site or wait time, or the news in my answer. Please let me know exactly what you need from me so I can earn a good rating.

Chris

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What can you tell me that ll help me solve my problem

Which fuse location number is blowing?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
number 12 blew out twice and i put a bigger fuse now from 15amp to 20amp the number 11blew out

You need to put the required fuse in the slot. 11 is a 30 amp and 12 is a 10 amp. Putting a higher amp fuse in on a shorted circuit will just melt the wires that are only designed to carry 2 amps above the fuse used.

Fuse 11 controls the drivers door module

Fuse 12 controls the HVAC controller

The most common fault for fuse 12 is going to be the wires to the AC compressor shorted out and grounded or the AC clutch field coil is faulty.

The most common fault for fuse 11 is going to be either a faulty drivers door module or a shorted wire. At the module unplug the connectors and OHM test each of the highlighted wires to ground to see if any are grounded, see below.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here