Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL

Im missing an electrical part.It bolts to mounting tube under

Customer Question

I'm missing an electrical part.It bolts to mounting tube under the dashboard,under passenger side dash airbag. asessible through glove box.1998 Isuzu rodeo LS,2.2 4 cylinder 5 manual.vehicle won't start without it without pouring gas down the throat manually.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX should be the powertrain control module, I will post a picture of it below,Tim

graphic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tim, By the photo that you sent with your response is incorrect.The part was black, kinda reminded me of the features of the George Forman double burger grill and was a universal part among the other vehicles that parts are inner changible.Wieghts around 3.0 to 5.0 pounds.and fits tight to under side of passenger airbag.( I've been having Hypotisium hoping to jog my memory to all possibilities.also has yellow cranyon , said 98-99 passport, amigo, rodeo. has its own wire pig tail.no shot at where it was plugged into.another session mon/Tuesday(s).
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
can you elaborate on this, was the part originally there, and is now gone missing??? where did it go?? I am not understanding where this part has gone???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was there when I changed the wireing harness, but some how grew legs and walked away ? I had to remove it to get the dash skin off.It bolted to the same bolts as the airbag on the underside. If you'd drop the glove box down and lay on your back anand look up,to airbag it would have been in the center of your view.I was talking to a yard man in a yard today in Toledo,and he made a few possibilities!maybe it didn't get certain changes / taken in for the recalls.Also possibly it's the crash sensior./Transformer,fuel shut off.I bought this vehicle used and whom knows whom cobbled what togather.Like ,I said this thing reminded me of a George foreman double mack on the ends wide and about 2 to3 inches thick, 6 or so long, and heavy.5 or more lbs.a funkey ballist resister
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
So is there wiring that goes to this unit, are there bare connectors you can take a picture of and post it here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will have a friend that lives down there as the vehicle is in florida and I'm in ohio. But if you were to open glove box past its stops you'd be looking at the part and each end of the airbag dash unit
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
from the factory, there is nothing bolted to the airbag, i suspect this was an aftermarket anti theft system, you said it had yellow crayon marks on it, this is what salvage yards use to mark the parts, but i am still confused, does it still have wires there to connect this part?